What is a Keensert?
A Keensert is a small bushing style insert that is threaded both inside and out, with wedges or little keys that are attached to the top of the insert. This small piece of hardware is generally used to distribute loads and to strengthen or repair threads against failure due to stripping, seizing, or corrosion.
When is a Keensert Used?
They are used in environments that have a lot of vibration, torque, and even in high-temperature applications. They are also sometimes used in applications where a fastener has to be taken out, replaced, or it has to be reassembled.
What Size and Material Keenserts Does MF Supply Sell?
Our Keenserts come in a variety of sizes and materials; you can view our entire selection on our online store here.
Need to cross your part number to find the right Keensert for your needs? Use our Mil-Spec & Inch Keensert Cross Reference charts!
Why Choose MF Supply for Your Keenserts?
We specialize in the military version of Keenserts, so we carry the MS51830 series, which is an equivalent to the KN and KNC series. These are a high demand Keensert.
They come with full paperwork and traceability. The majority of those our Keensert are stainless steel, but you can get them in a variety of materials and sizes.
Another huge benefit is that we stop-limit our distribution centers around the country so we can drop ship them at a moment’s notice, so there is no delay.
Learn More About Fasteners from MF Supply
If you are looking for a quick and reliable fasteners distributor, MF Supply is a leading supplier of Inch & Mil-Spec keylocking inserts. Contact us today to learn more!
August 25, 2015
We hope this email finds you well and business is booming! I’m writing to thank you for your business, update you on what’s happening here at MF Supply and ask for your feedback.
We’ve been busy! Recently, MF Supply renewed both our Woman Owned Business Certification [WBE] and our status as federal supplier [Cage Code 58QG4]. So exciting! In April, I was selected to the SBA Emerging Leaders class of 2015. In June, I spoke about Pay per Click advertising at the NJTMA conference, and in September, I am scheduled to speak at training at Festo Didactic in Eatontown, NJ.
OUR THREE CURRENT INITIATIVES
As part of our growth plan, I am currently working on three initiatives: 1) Building upon our business relationships with existing loyal clients like you; 2) Growing our business through referrals from clients and referral partners; and 3) Thought leadership and helping the American manufacturing community grow. Today, I am reaching out regarding initiative #1.
Recently, I was interviewing a great client for one of my SBA-EL projects. After over 20 years of business together, he was not 100% familiar with the full scope of MF Supply’s capabilities. One of the questions I asked him was, “Does our marketing material encourage you to make a purchase?” His response was, “I don’t think I am familiar with your marketing material.” SHAME ON US! That is the lead in to the next section of this newsletter.
HELP US HELP YOU
Take a moment and think about two questions:
1) Are you familiar with all the products we can help you with and all the problems we can solve for you?
2) Do you have a wish list or feedback regarding other products or services where we might add value?
We continually expand our product line, and have recently added Spring Plungers, EZ-Lok inserts, Keenserts, Military and Domestic Dowel Pins, a full line of Mil-spec DFAR products with full certifications, Retaining and much more! As a reminder, below is a list of some of the things we do to save you time and money, and to make the buying process easier:
- McMaster-Carr, Grainger, MSC, Newark Electronics, Fastenal – We can help you save on stainless steel, metric, inserts, dowel pins, retaining rings, loctite alternatives and more!
- Alternatives to expensive brand name fasteners – we can help you save thousands of dollars on alternatives to Concord, RAF, Southco, PEM, Heli-coil, Loctite and many others!
- Sourcing hard to find parts quickly – Let us do the hard work for you and save you precious time.
- Custom manufacturing/Short lead times needed – Send us your prints and let us show you what we can do, fast, right here in the USA.
- Domestic and Mil-spec – Try us for your domestic, DFARS and military needs. We are tremendously excellent at Stainless Steel, Keenserts, Helical Inserts and Dowel Pins!
- Industrial Rubber products- Including hoses, hose clamps, gaskets, o-rings and more.
- Our Brands- Amatom/Carey, Captive (Pem), Chrislynn Inserts,Concord, EZ-Lok, Lyn-tron, Microplastics, Shear-loc, S&M Retaining Rings, Unicorp and we are a supply chain partner to many others!
EASY WAYS WE CAN HELP YOU IMMEDIATELY
Please send us samples, prints and competitor’s or manufacturer’s part numbers to quote. We look forward to the opportunity to knock your socks off by helping you with both existing and new products and services.
MF Supply is a distributor of Vibra-Tite threadlocking products, one of the world’s market leaders in anaerobics, cyanoacrylates, epoxies and ultra-violet technologies.Vibra-Tite materials can be compared to other name brand products like Loctite, but at a COST SAVING OF UP TO 40%. Send us your Loctite RFQs so you can do a comparison.
I’d like to close this Newsletter with some comic relief. Enjoy the video by clicking here!
P.S. If you would like to chat about the SBA-Emerging Leaders class and learn more about some of the amazing books (Duct Tape Marketing) and resources (the UCEDC) I’ve accessed through the class – shoot me an email. I love to share! –