MS16555 Dowel Pins in Stock!Posted: March 2, 2023 Filed under: Domestic Fasteners, dowel pin | Tags: dowel pins, Fasteners, MS16555 Leave a comment
At MF Supply, we have a large selection of Precision Dowel Pins and Mil-Spec Hardware. The product we want to highlight today is the MS16555 Dowel Pin.
What is the Mil-Spec Dowel Pin MS16555?
The MS16555 is a stainless steel, cylindrical, solid, and headless fastener. The MS16555 is classified as a Mil-spec fastener, made to a specific exacting standard that defines in detail, the screw’s attributes, including: dimensions, tensile strength, hardness, threads, drive type, material qualities and plating, just to name a few. Mil-spec is the informal name for the military standard the U.S. Department of Defense uses in the production of military equipment. Mil-spec fasteners are usually designated by an AN, MS, NAS or NASM prefix followed by a part number. Each of these prefixes is an abbreviation: NAS stands for National Aerospace Standard and MS stands for Military Standard.
Dowel Pin Uses
Dowel pins are broadly used in various applications, including aerospace, electrical motors, hydraulic equipment, instrumentation, and more.
They’re used as a hinge, shaft, or pivot, and are used to locate or hold parts together within a precision assembly or a fixture, often when things are moving within that assembly.
MS16555 Dowel Pin Options
The MS16555 series is classified as a press fit style dowel pin with a diameter tolerance -0/+ .0002 over nominal size. These Mil-spec dowel pins are DFAR & RoHS compliant & may be requested with manufacturers COC & Full material certifications.
- 416 or 400 series hardened stainless steel
- Plain alloy steel
- Phosphate finished alloy steel
MS16555-1 through MS16555-145 are Alloy Steel plain finish
MS16555-301 through MS16555-444 are Alloy Steel phosphate finish
MS16555-601 through MS16555-744 are 410 or 416 CRES Stainless Steel hardened with passivation.
Diameters range from 1/16 (.0626-.0628) through 1 inch (1.0003-1.0001). Lengths range from 3/16 to 6 inched long. For price and availability, send us an RFQ directly from our product pages.
Why Choose MF Supply for MS16555 Dowel Pins?
- The MS16555 Dowel Pin is our most popular military spec dowel pin
- They are made in the USA and are DFAR compliant.
- Certification paperwork is available.
- We have extensive stock, in NJ and at our distribution centers, which means no delay in delivery.
Learn More About MF Supply and our Products
We are excited for you to know that some products lines including CRES series MS16555 are available for purchase on-line. Additional dowel pin & mil-spec resources include:
Buyer’s Guide to Mil-spec fasteners
We stock a huge selection of Mil-spec fasteners in both Alloy & Stainless Steel with full DFAR & RoHS paperwork. Factory drop ship available for thousands of parts!
If you are interested in learning more about these dowel pins or any of our other fasteners or PPE, contact us today!
Book a one-on-one consultation with our President, Robin, to discuss how MF Supply can help you solve your Industrial Sourcing, Fastener, and Safety concerns.
Six Reasons To Buy From MF Supply
- Full eCommerce Enabled Website With Technical Manual Available 24/7 – Visit our website and Create a New Account, track online orders, browse our product catalog, check technical specs, subscribe to our blog, or buy online. We are adding items and improving functionality daily!
- Same Day Shipping From The USA – Our hardware products are in stock and ship to you directly from our USA based distribution centers.
- Functional Equivalents To Expensive Brand Names- We stock and source alternatives to brand name fasteners, reducing long lead times and saving you money.
- Creatively Solve Problems – We are sourcing experts, offer competitive pricing and specialize in finding hard to find parts and reducing long deliveries.
- One-Stop Shopping On Certified Hardware – We stock and source a full line of fasteners including Mil-Spec, DFARS compliant and other industrial products.
- WBE/WOSB Woman Owned Certified Small Business – To meet your diversity & set-aside needs.
MF Supply is a WBE/WOSB certified supply chain partner to business, industry and government. We are sourcing experts and stocking distributors of Hardware, Precision & Mil-Spec Fasteners and Safety supplies. For more than 50 years, we have been supplying manufacturers in the electronics, industrial, commercial, aerospace and military markets with the full range of fastener products and services. Our Cage Code is 58QG4 and our registered name is RL Supply Inc dba MF Supply.